-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





















READING LIST

MARY MANNING


After seeing Mary Manning's website, I knew I wanted to get her summer reading list. In between taking her quiet, spacious photographs, she kindly sent it along.  I loved her honesty in admitting to me that "Joyce is on the list every summer and I never make it happen".  I know the feeling. For me, it's a copy on my shelves of "Swann's Way" with the bookmark at page 50. This is the summer for you, Mary!

1 comment:

  1. I finally made it through Ulysses last fall after years of failed attempts. One chapter a week (excepting the Circe episode; you might want two weeks for that) and a travelling companion reading it at the same pace is helpful. (Although unsolicited advice of this sort rarely proves useful.) Either way, it's truly a life changing book.

    ReplyDelete