------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------










ROBERT BRIDGES
POEM


Today is the birthday of poet Robert Bridges. I've had his short poem, "I love all beauteous things" rattling around in the back of my head for years now. It serves as a motivation to create & try new things without worrying too much about whether they'll work out. Sometimes the process of trying or making something new is enough. Speaking of which, some "beauteous" new things will be announced here soon...



I love all beauteous things,
      I seek and adore them;
God hath no better praise,
And man in his hasty days
      Is honoured for them.

I too will something make
      And joy in the making;
Altho’ to-morrow it seem
Like the empty words of a dream
      Remembered on waking.

No comments:

Post a Comment