----------------------------------------------------------------------------








BOOKS 
YOUR FAVORITE POEMS

I've had this tape for something like 12 years now, though it was made 30 years ago. It's a collection of famous poems read by the major British actors and actresses of the '50s and '60s (Alec Guiness, Peggy Ashcroft, Richard Burton etc.), as well as a few major poets reading their own work (Dylan Thomas and Laurie Lee to name two). Back when I had a car with a tape player, this tape saw very heavy rotation, and I still have several classic poems committed to memory because of it. I hadn't seen it in a few years, but came across it today, where it had fallen behind a row of magazines on my bookshelves. It was like seeing an old friend & it made me wish I still had a tape player in my car. Time to hit up eBay for 1982-era Walkman?

No comments:

Post a Comment